Sheila M. Bailey, Hum.D.
President and Founder, Sheila Bailey Ministries
Personal Motto: "I CAN do all things through Christ Jesus."
Greetings! I am Sheila B. We may have met at your church, a conference that was hosted in your city or at a S.T.A.N.D. Women’s Conference hosted by EK Bailey Ministries in Dallas, Texas. Perhaps we have never met but, I look forward to getting to know you via in person or via technology.
This is a new season for me with new dreams and goals. I was married to the late Dr. E.K. Bailey, founder and pastor of the Concord Baptist Church and the founder and president of EK Bailey Ministries Inc. in Dallas. He died October 23, 2003 after three bouts with cancer. For five years I have served as President of this beloved ministry.
God has placed on my heart a passion to walk with Him focusing on women, our needs, anxieties and our relationships. As I tell you my story, hear your story we’ll place it in His story and see how God is working it out for our good. There is much I want to share with you as a middle aged woman (or should I say senior since I am 61 years old) who is a widow, mother of two adult daughters and one adult son; a grandmother of one beautiful and charming grand-daughter, a former pastor’s wife for 34 years; a former Christian Education Director and now a pastor’s widow full of vibrancy and passion for God, my family, present Senior Pastor Carter, his family; the Concord Church as well as our global community.
Perhaps you are starting over at a new city, job, bank account, family or church. Let’s share with each other – Newness can be awkward and it can be awesome.
At the request of the Senior Pastor Rev. Bryan Carter of the Concord Church in Dallas, I will continue to serve as Conference Director of the Women’s Conference during the Expository Preaching Conference. SAVE THE DATE – July 6 through 10, 2009. More details coming.
Please join me in prayer as God unites our heart as we
B – come transformed into His image
B – come transfused with His power
Your Sister in the Lord,
Dr. Sheila M. Bailey, lovingly known as “Sheila B.,” has inspired many by allowing God to make her over in this new and exciting season. First lady, turned mentor, author and advocate for minister’s wives and women in ministry, has built her life sharing God’s truths both nationally and internationally. She currently serves as President of Sheila B. Ministries. She received a B.A. in Christian Education from Bishop College, Dallas, Texas and an Honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from Dallas Baptist University. Some of Dr. Bailey’s most recent accomplishments include serving as key note speaker at the regional conference for Christian Women in Media (CWIM), voted Community Uplift of the Year after being nominated by Epitome Magazine, and being selected to serve as an Honorary Council Member for the Fellowship of Professional Women (FPW). Dr. Sheila Bailey and the late Dr. E.K. Bailey have two beautiful daughters, Rev. Cokiesha B. Robinson (Timothy) and Mrs. Shenikwa M. Cager (Stephen), and a strapping son, Rev. Emon Kendrick Bailey. She is the author of Makeovers with Leftovers and co-authored The Inheritance, A New 40 day Devotional with her daughters and son. In her free time, Dr. Bailey enjoys having fun with her two granddaughters, Bailey Shanice and Brielle Lashon Cager.
- BA, Christian Education from Bishop College, Dallas, Texas
- Additional Biblical training through Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), Dallas, Texas
- Christian Education Director at Concord Missionary Baptist Church for nine years
- Shared with Anne Graham Lotz in Just Give Me Jesus and Pursuing More of Jesus
- Chapel speaker at Dallas Theological Seminary, LeTourneau University and Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary
- Commencement speaker at Dallas Baptist University
- Messenger at the Service of Consecration at Beeson Divinity School; Birmingham, Alabama
- Former president of E.K. Bailey Ministries, Inc.
- Board of Trustees – Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY and LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
Sheila’s Awards and Honors:
- Membership in the National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
- Celebration on the Hill Ambassador (American Cancer Society)
- Member of Dallas Baptist University Women’s Board
- Former president of the Ministers Wives’ Conference National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.
- Good Samaritan Award and the honorary Doctorate of Humanities degree from Dallas Baptist University
- Inducted into the Religious Hall of Fame sponsored by The Elite News
- Contributing writer, “Seeds of Strength” and for Excellence Magazine