Sheila M. Bailey, Hum.D.
President and Founder, Sheila Bailey Ministries
Personal Motto: "I CAN do all things through Christ Jesus."
I am Sheila B. We may have met at your church, a conference that was
hosted in your city or at a S.T.A.N.D. Women’s Conference hosted by EK
Bailey Ministries in Dallas, Texas. Perhaps we have never met but, I
look forward to getting to know you via in person or via technology.
This is a new season for me with new dreams and goals. I was married to the late Dr. E.K. Bailey, founder and pastor of the Concord Baptist Church and the founder and president of EK Bailey Ministries Inc. in Dallas. He died October 23, 2003 after three bouts with cancer. For five years I have served as President of this beloved ministry.
God has placed on my heart a passion to walk with Him focusing on women, our needs, anxieties and our relationships. As I tell you my story, hear your story we’ll place it in His story and see how God is working it out for our good. There is much I want to share with you as a middle aged woman (or should I say senior since I am 61 years old) who is a widow, mother of two adult daughters and one adult son; a grandmother of one beautiful and charming grand-daughter, a former pastor’s wife for 34 years; a former Christian Education Director and now a pastor’s widow full of vibrancy and passion for God, my family, present Senior Pastor Carter, his family; the Concord Church as well as our global community.
Perhaps you are starting over at a new city, job, bank account, family or church. Let’s share with each other – Newness can be awkward and it can be awesome.
At the request of the Senior Pastor Rev. Bryan Carter of the Concord Church in Dallas, I will continue to serve as Conference Director of the Women’s Conference during the Expository Preaching Conference. SAVE THE DATE – July 6 through 10, 2009. More details coming.
Please join me in prayer as God unites our heart as we
B – come transformed into His image
B – come transfused with His power
Your Sister in the Lord,
an inspirational speaker on issues that focus on women and the family,
Sheila Bailey’s poignant style will hold the attention and respect of
any audience. Sheila’s faith has been tested and tried throughout her
life, most recently at the October 2003 death of her husband of 34
years, the late Dr. E.K. Bailey, founding pastor of Concord Missionary
Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas. Presently, she continues her faithful
service to the Concord Church where the very able and efficient Rev.
Bryan Carter is the Senior Pastor.
Throughout her life as a pastor’s wife, Sheila honed her teaching skills, allowing the Lord to use her in many different venues, including Anne Graham Lotz’s Just Give Me Jesus. She now serves as President of Sheila B. Ministries and speaks to a variety of audiences, including churches, colleges, seminaries and conferences.
One of Sheila’s favorite topics is the Ministry of Mud — getting down in the dirt with those to whom we minister. The respect and love shown to Sheila and her late husband demonstrates that their Ministry of Mud was a deep and lasting bond with their congregation. Sheila and E.K. are the parents of two beautiful daughters, Rev. Cokiesha (Rev. Timothy Robinson) and Shenikwa (Stephen Cager), a strapping son, Emon and the proud grandmother of Bailey Shanice Cager. Sheila is coauthor with her late husband and daughter Cokiesha Bailey of Farther In and Deeper Down (released in June 2005), a powerful story that highlights the journey of one of America’s leading pastors as he courageously battles cancer three times. Farther in and Deeper Down is a story of a man well-prepared for the trials ahead. He weathered life’s storms in faith, farther in and deep er down into the loving arms of his Father.
- BA, Christian Education from Bishop College, Dallas, Texas
- Additional Biblical training through Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), Dallas, Texas
- Christian Education Director at Concord Missionary Baptist Church for nine years
- Shared with Anne Graham Lotz in Just Give Me Jesus and Pursuing More of Jesus
- Chapel speaker at Dallas Theological Seminary, LeTourneau University and Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary
- Commencement speaker at Dallas Baptist University
- Messenger at the Service of Consecration at Beeson Divinity School; Birmingham, Alabama
- Former president of E.K. Bailey Ministries, Inc.
- Board of Trustees – Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY and LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
Sheila’s Awards and Honors:
- Membership in the National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
- Celebration on the Hill Ambassador (American Cancer Society)
- Member of Dallas Baptist University Women’s Board
- Former president of the Ministers Wives’ Conference National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.
- Good Samaritan Award and the honorary Doctorate of Humanities degree from Dallas Baptist University
- Inducted into the Religious Hall of Fame sponsored by The Elite News
- Contributing writer, “Seeds of Strength” and for Excellence Magazine